AdWords Editor is a free Google application for managing your ad campaigns, and just two months after version 6.5 debuted, AdWords Editor 7.0 is now live. Use it to download your account, update your campaigns with editing tools, then upload your changes to AdWords.
The new features include:
- First page bid estimates: AdWords Editor now uses first page bid estimates for your keywords. Minimum (CPC) bids are no longer used.
- Keyword Quality Score: The Keywords tab now displays the Quality Score for your keywords.
- Keyword Opportunities locale: Tailor your keyword suggestions to a particular language and location by changing your Keyword Opportunities locale.
- Campaign Targeting in the Data View: You can view your targeting settings in the new ‘Language’ and ‘Location’ columns on the Campaigns tab. These columns are hidden by default, but you can select them with the column chooser.
- Send Feedback to Google: Help improve AdWords Editor by enabling usage tracking in your AdWords Editor settings (Tools menu > Settings).
- Absolute Versus Scaled Values: The ‘Volume’ column on the Keyword expansion tab of the Keyword Opportunities tool now shows absolute numbers (traffic for the last month) instead of scaled values.
- No Keyword for Drafts: The Keyword Opportunities tool isn’t available for draft accounts.
6th January 2009, 7:48